March 13, 2020
For your standard Film, TV, Reality Show or commercial productions, maybe not time to cancel yet.
Here are some important steps to keep your Set as sterile as possible:
- Hand washing is the most important precautions. IT WORKS!
- Make sure you have plenty of hand sanitizer and hand washing stations available
- Have a PA wipe down all knobs, handles and commonly touched surfaces hourly with sanitize wipes.
- Wear gloves when passing out food items
- If a cast or crew member is sick, send them home.
- If the sick member is coughing have them wear a mask
- Keep a 6 foot distance from a sick member and other crew members.
- Remember, Healthy individuals have little to fear. It is the elderly and immune-deficient individuals who are most at risk. Do your best to avoid their exposure.
Some of our events have canceled, some productions have brought on a medic to advise and screen your cast and crew for flu-like symptoms.
No one here at National Set Medics is panicked and neither should you be. Inform yourself of the facts and keep up to speed with what’s going on by following the CDC link below.
As your medical provider, Producers, Casts and Crew look to us for advice; Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.