How it Works
National Set and Event Medics offers BLS, ALS and REALITY MEDIC™ services for TV, Film, Reality Shows and Live Events Nationwide.
We seek out productions and productions seek us out. We never know when or where the next production will happen.
Often these calls come in last minute. Other times we have plenty of notice. Part time positions can be one day, three weeks or two months depending on our client's needs.
When we secure a booking, we reference our database of Registered Medics (Registration form is to the right). We select medics based on location, certification, availability, etc.
Sometimes there are needs for special skills and certifications. These include: Lifeguards, Water and Rope Rescue, Firefighter Cert, Police, Security, Tactical, Critical Care even Suturing. If you possess any of these skills please include them but only the skills you are certified in.
Rarely do we (or the client) pay for travel or housing. Therefore, we will not send "Work Alerts" to medics not near the location unless there is a need to do so.
There are three main categories we look for:
- Set and Event Medics (TV, Film, Live Events)
- Your must be a local or national registry EMT or higher certification.
- Having your own BLS kit is a plus!
- Specialty medics for more advanced needs:
- Lifeguard and Swift Water
- Firefighter, etc.
- Reality Medic™ services
Remote Action Rescue
- These are the most advanced and skilled medics we can find who also have an aptitude for wilderness survival.
- Most are Flight, Military and Critical Care Medics with 10 or more years in the field.
- Examples of this service includes Naked and Afraid and Naked and Afraid XL where medics are posted at remote locations on long running and reality shows with patient transfers of over an hour.
- This would include international locations.
- There is a strong need for women with these skills
- If you think you have what it takes to be a Reality Medic™ click here to register as a potential Reality Medic™. (We will still reach out to you for standard Set and Event Medic gigs also.)
Anyone certified with a good attitude and professional appearance may work Special events and Mud Runs.
We only use the most personable, professional and customer service oriented personnel for on-the-set medics.
Specialty Medics are requested for higher risk ALS dependent events such as: Reality shows, TV and special Mud Run obstacles. Anything that has a higher degree of injury, longer than expected transfer times and/or require the use of our ALS protocols.
We focus on non-union. These productions are typically reality shows that are filmed in remote locations including international destinations.
For Reality Medics™ we look for field experience, physical fitness, professional and customer service oriented attitude our clients have come accustomed to.
No need to select which category you are in. We choose these categories in-house based on many factors.
Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with what's been going on and last minute